Happy December, everyone! If this is your first time visiting Blender Brain, welcome! We have been having a great holiday shebang of a sale going on at our roadshows and online orders, and are excited to have met and sold to all the new Vitamix owners! Congratulations to all!!!!
While we’re super excited for new families who take home a Vitamix, but we also know that sometimes it can be scary to get used to something so awesome – we want to help! Here are some tips to owning a new Vitamix:
1. Take it out of the box and keep it on the counter! – We know this sounds a little silly, but sometimes we get owners who have had their Vitamix for a month and still haven’t opened the box! It is definitely the first step to start making some delicious smoothies or soups! We live in a pretty small apartment, but we made sure to make room next to our cactus plant so we can keep our Vitamix out all the time – this is important because it ensures you use it more than if you keep it hidden in the cabinets! We know it can be tough to make room in a small kitchen, but we promise you will not regret it!
2. Start with something simple – The easiest smoothies are the ones you’ll make every single day. You can always find new ideas on our recipes page, but if you have a favorite fruit you love, then start out with that! Our favorite lazy smoothie is frozen mango with spinach and coconut water! Sometimes, less can be more, especially when you are first starting out and trying to get in “smoothie for breakfast” habit!
3. Burning smell? It’s OK! – Brand new Vitamix’s from our roadshows have never been out of the box or turned on, so it’s normal to have that slight burning smell when you first start blending! Depending on how often you use your Vitamix, the smell could go away within a week (if you use it every day), or a few months (if you only use it once a week!) We have a friend who never used their Vitamix for anything other than making smoothies out of fresh fruit for over 10 years, and the first time we showed her how to make an ice cream, there was also the burning smell because she never properly broke in her motor with any hard ingredients like 3 cups of ice! 10 years!
4. Register your Vitamix – If you purchased your Vitamix through us, then your Vitamix is already covered under warranty via the serial number. But if you want to make sure that your Vitamix is registered, you can do that here. All the information is stuck on the back of the machine, including the Vitamix phone number and your serial number 🙂
**Important: If you happened to purchase a 2nd container with your Vitamix machine on the same receipt, then registering it online will ensure that your 2nd container’s warranty extends to 7 years. Otherwise, it will be covered under the standard 3 year container warranty.
5. Join our FB group! – To stay updated, you can always visit our blog for more tips and tricks (and soon, reviews!) We also created a Facebook group to create a supportive Vitamix community. Feel free to ask questions, share recipes, or any of your own tips and tricks from owning your Vitamix!
We will be sure to regularly update this list as we think of more tips for new Vitamix owners, and stay tuned for additional tricks in the next few weeks for different recipes 🙂 Feel free to also ask us any questions via our *CONTACT PAGE LINK*, and we will promptly answer! If you need help making a recipe, let us know and we can even send you a video on how to do it!
If you still haven’t picked up a Vitamix, find us at one of our roadshows, or *SEND US A MESSAGE LINK *and we will make sure you get equipped with the #1 food preparing machine in the world 🙂
Happy holidays and happy blending!